Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the Data Science Cult website (the “Service”) operated by Analytics India Magazine Pvt Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by us.
We have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Bangalore, India, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Please note: These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute
Eligibility to Use Data Science Cult
To access or use Data Science Cult, you must be 18 years of age or older and have the power and authority to enter into these Terms. Except as approved by us, Data Science Cult is for your personal, non-commercial use. If you wish to make commercial use of Data Science Cult, you must enter into an agreement with us to do so. You may not use Data Science Cult if we have terminated your account or banned you.
Your Data Science Cult Account
- Data Science Cult Account. In order to become a member of Data Science Cult (a “Member“), we require you to register an account by setting up a visitor name and password. Other registration requirements may also apply. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account or password of another Member at any time. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account. Passwords are subject to cancellation or suspension by Data Science Cult at any time.
- Social Sign In. If you access Data Science Cult through a social networking site, such as Facebook or Google+ (“Social Networking Site”), you agree that we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, messages, tags, and/or other materials accessible through Data Science Cult that you have provided to and stored in your Social Networking Site account so that it is available on and through Data Science Cult via your account and your profile page. Subject to the privacy settings that you have set with the Social Networking Site account you use to access Data Science Cult, personally identifiable information that you post to that Social Networking Site may be displayed on Data Science Cult. Please note: your relationship with your Social Networking Sites is governed solely by your agreement with those Social Networking Sites and we disclaim any liability for personally identifiable information that may be provided to us by a Social Networking Site in violation of the privacy settings that you have set with that Social Networking Site account.
Your Use of Data Science Cult
- Rules of Conduct. You will use Data Science Cult solely for lawful purposes in a manner consistent with these Terms and any and all applicable laws, regulations, or other binding obligations (including contractual obligations) you may have towards third parties.
You will not:
- Use any information obtained from Data Science Cult in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any visitor without their prior explicit consent;
- Introduce software or automated agents to Data Science Cult, or access the Service so as to produce multiple accounts, generate automated messages, or to strip or mine data from Data Science Cult;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on Data Science Cult or the networks or services connected to Data Science Cult;
- Interfere with, disrupt, modify, reverse engineer, or decompile any data or functionality of Data Science Cult.
- Links to Third-Party Websites. Data Science Cult may contain links to third-party websites placed by us as a service to those interested in this information, or posted by other Members. Your use of all such links to third-party websites is at your own risk. We do not monitor or have any control over, and make no claim or representation regarding third-party websites. To the extent such links are provided by us, they are provided only as a convenience, and a link to a third-party website does not imply our endorsement, adoption or sponsorship of, or affiliation with, such third-party website. When you leave Data Science Cult, our terms and policies no longer govern.
- Third-Party Content on Data Science Cult. Content from other Members, visitors, advertisers, and other third parties is made available to you through Data Science Cult. (“Content“) means any work of authorship or information, including salaries, company reviews, interview reviews, company photos, employer responses, job ads, employer profile information, advertisements, comments, opinions, postings, CVs, messages, text, files, images, photos, works of authorship, e-mail, or other materials you find on Data Science Cult. Because we do not control such Content, you understand and agree that: (1) we are not responsible for, and do not endorse, any such Content, including advertising and information about third-party products and services, job ads, or the employer, interview and salary-related information provided anonymously by other Members; (2) we make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of the information in such Content; and (3) we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful Content made available by other visitors, employers, advertisers, and third parties.
In accordance with Section 230 of the U.S. Communications Decency Act, we generally cannot be held liable for claims arising from the Content provided by third parties on Data Science Cult. For more information please see our Legal FAQs.
Sharing Your Content on Data Science Cult
- Your Responsibility for Your Content. You are solely responsible for any and all Content that is posted through your account on Data Science Cult (“Your Content“), as well as the representations you make to us about Your Content. You agree that by submitting Your Content to Data Science Cult, have reviewed and agree to abide by our Community Guidelines.
- Representations Regarding Your Content. You represent and warrant that:
- You own Your Content or otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth in these Terms;
- Your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other rights of any person;
- By providing or posting Your Content, you do not violate any binding confidentiality, non-disclosure, or contractual obligations you might have towards a third party, including your current or former employer or any potential employer;
- Any information you provide in a salary, company review, interview review, company photo, employer response, job ad, or employer profile is correct;
- Any information you provide about your current, past or potential status as an employee of a certain employer is correct and complete.
- Any CV you upload is accurate and submitted on your own behalf.
Please do not provide any information that you are not allowed to share with others, including by binding contractual obligation or by law, because any information you provide will be accessible by every visitor of Data Science Cult.
- Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not post any Content that:
- Is offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, or is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature; bullies, harasses or advocates stalking, bullying, or harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing, or “spamming”;
- Is false or misleading or promotes, endorses or furthers illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promotes, copies, performs or distributes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s work that is protected by copyright or trade secret law, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protection devices, or providing pirated music, videos, or movies, or links to such pirated music, videos, or movies;
- Is involved in the exploitation of persons under the age of eighteen (18) in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under eighteen (18);
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses and other harmful code;
- Contains identification information such as social security number, passport number, national identification number, insurance number, driver’s licence number, immigration number, or any other similar number, code, or identifier;
- Solicits passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other visitors;
- Except as expressly approved by us, involves commercial activities and/or promotions such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, pyramid schemes, advertising, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation;
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or similar software;
- Posts or distributes information which would violate any binding confidentiality, non-disclosure or other contractual restrictions or rights of any third party, including any current or former employers or potential employers;
- Implies a Data Science Cult endorsement or partnership of any kind; or
- Otherwise violates these Terms, the terms of your agreements with us, or creates liability for us.
Enforcement by Data Science Cult
- Removal of Content. While Data Science Cult has no obligation to do so, Data Science Cult reserves the right to review and delete (or modify) any Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these Terms or other applicable policies posted on Data Science Cult, or that we deem, in our sole discretion, inappropriate. If you see any Content on Data Science Cult that you believe violates our policies, you may report that Content. Once notified, we will review the Content and consider whether to remove or modify it. Please note: Our interpretation of our policies and the decision whether or not to edit or remove Content is within our sole discretion. You understand and agree that if we choose not to remove or edit Content that you find objectionable, that decision will not constitute a violation of these Terms or any agreement we have with you.
- Copyright Policy. It is our policy to terminate membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to us by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied in violation in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- An identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on Data Science Cult;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Other Enforcement Actions. While we have no obligation to do so, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action in our sole discretion against you if you violate these Terms, including without limitation: removing Content from Data Science Cult (or modifying it); suspending your rights to use Data Science Cult; terminating your membership and account; reporting you to law enforcement, regulatory authorities, or administrative bodies; and taking legal action against you.
- Defending Our Members. While we have no obligation to do so, we reserve the right to take appropriate action to protect the anonymity of our Members against the enforcement of subpoenas or other information requests that seek a Member’s electronic address or identifying information.
Rights to Your Content
We do not claim ownership in any Content that you submit to Data Science Cult, but to be able to legally provide Data Science Cult to our visitors, we have to have certain rights to use such Content in connection with Data Science Cult, as set forth below. By submitting any Content to Data Science Cult, you hereby grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, licence (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicencees) to use, copy, perform, display, create derivative works of, and distribute such Content in any and all media (now known or later developed) throughout the world. No compensation will be paid with respect to the Content that you post through Data Science Cult. You should only submit Content to Data Science Cult that you are comfortable sharing with others under the terms and conditions of these Terms.
Rights to Data Science Cult Content
Data Science Cult contains Content provided by us and our licensors. We and our licensors (including other visitors) own and retain all proprietary (and intellectual property) rights in the Content we each provide and Data Science Cult owns and retains all property rights in Data Science Cult. If you are a visitor, we hereby grant you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable licence under the intellectual property rights licensable by us to download, view, copy and print Content from Data Science Cult solely for your personal use in connection with using Data Science Cult. Except as provided in the foregoing, you agree not to: (1) reproduce, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, publicly perform or display, sell, or create derivative works based on Data Science Cult or the Content (excluding Your Content); or (2) rent, lease, loan, or sell access to Data Science Cult. Data Science Cult ® is a registered trademark of Data Science Cult, Inc. The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on Data Science Cult are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of the third party that owns the Mark.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising from your use of Data Science Cult and due to or arising from your breach of any provision of these Terms.
Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
The disclaimers and limitations on liability in this section apply to the maximum extent allowable under applicable law. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you have which may not be lawfully limited.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with advertisers and other visitors and we are not responsible for the activities, omissions, or other conduct, whether online or offline, of any advertiser or visitor of Data Science Cult. We are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content (including any information in profiles) posted on Data Science Cult, whether caused by visitors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in Data Science Cult. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, any communication with other visitors. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any hardware and software due to technical problems on the Internet or on Data Science Cult or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to visitors or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with Data Science Cult. Under no circumstances shall we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of Data Science Cult or from any Content posted on Data Science Cult or transmitted to visitors, or any interactions between visitors of Data Science Cult, whether online or offline.
Data Science Cult is provided “as-is” and as available. We expressly disclaim any warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including the warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement. We make no warranty that: (1) Data Science Cult will meet your requirements; (2) Data Science Cult will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis; or (3) the results that may be obtained from the use of Data Science Cult will be accurate or reliable.
You hereby release us, our officers, employees, agents and successors from any and all claims, demands, and losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind that are either directly or indirectly related to or arises from: (1) any interactions with other visitors to or users of Data Science Cult, or (2) your participation in any of our offline events.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF DATA SCIENCE CULT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF DATA SCIENCE CULT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100).
These Terms remain in effect while you use Data Science Cult and, for Members, as long as your account remains open. You may delete your account at any time. We may suspend or terminate your account or your access to parts of Data Science Cult, without notice to you, if we believe that you have violated these Terms. All provisions of these Terms shall survive termination or expiration of these Terms except those granting access to or use of Data Science Cult. We will have no liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your account or related deletion of your information.
Changes to Terms
We may revise these Terms from time by posting an updated version on Data Science Cult and you agree that the revised Terms will be effective thirty (30) days after the change is posted. Your continued use of Data Science Cult is subject to the most current effective version of these Terms.
Except as specifically stated in another agreement we have with you, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of Data Science Cult and these Terms supersede all prior proposals, negotiations, agreements, and understandings concerning the subject matter of these Terms. You represent and warrant that no person has made any promise, representation, or warranty, whether express or implied, not contained herein to induce you to enter into this agreement. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties’ intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Data Science Cult’s prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect; as used in the Terms, the word “including” means “including but not limited to.” Please contact us with any questions regarding these Terms.